June 02, 2006

PegIntron & Ribavirin experience

Debbie, a resident of Peoria, Arizona, United States - writes in her blog Chronic Hepatitis C:

DARE I ASK, WHAT'S NEXT?


What a mind-blower! To discover that my treatment was actually working and killing me, at the same time. What the hell is that? How truly ironic this whole situation is. Just what exactly am I supposed to do now? Wake up everyday knowing that a deadly virus is slowly destroying my liver, and there is nothing I can do? I guess so. Oh what the hell! I can not change one single thing or a moment, can I? On the other hand, that damn treatment is over and I am starting to recover.

I had two attempts at the PegIntron & Ribavirin cocktail, over the past two years. As for me, I AM DONE!! I will never go through this again, nor will I ever put my husband and family through this. It is just not worth the pain and suffering we all had to endure. As most all of you know from my past blogs, "I HATE NEEDLES, remember? I knew, that you would! Well, my abhorrence for needles, has only gotten worse from the treatment; (weekly routine blood labs, 12 blood transfusions in 5 months, 2 weekly injections, etc.,) and just the thought of needles makes my skin crawl. I guess the 48/wk treatment wasn't the best option for me, but it was the only option I had or have even now.

I am not quite sure how I feel, at the moment. I have been struggling with many issues. My sister is in grave health back east. I moved out west 18 months ago and have been unable to return for a visit. I can not recall a time when I have been away for so long without seeing them. THIS ONE IS FOR MY BROTHER-IN-LAW,(who reads my blog): "Hey Dan, Love you, Take Care!" My sister is far worse than I. My chronic hepatitis C has been a cake walk, compared, to what she has to endure, and what she will be going through the rest of her life, as well.

In life you never know what each day holds, or what each hour may bring, and how each second, our lives hang in the balance. There are so many things that are out of our control, and there are times when great pain, suffering, despair and heartache, strikes all of our lives. All we truly have is this moment, right here, right now. As for anything else, well, I guess that remains to be seen. Does't it?


0 comments: